Monday, November 24, 2008

Prom: McMurdo Style



Tara, Me, Taryn, Brandon, Jim, Audrey- YEAH SHUTTLES!!












Tara- she's an angel fish, Lisa- my AWESOME roomie, Jim- I don't even know what to say about that outfit- Wow, and myself in the photo booth












Audrey and I in the photo to the bottom. Me, Taryn, Jim, Audrey to the top.

































Tara and me with the "Ugly Sweater Crew" (Brandon, Stevo, and Tom)
This past weekend was the Prom here at McMurdo Station hosted by the BFC (Berg Field Center- they outfit crews who are leaving to work at field locations with all their survival gear.) The theme was "Under the Sea" and I think it's quite possible I had just as much, if not more, fun at this prom than in high school! My dress is courtesy of Lisa G. Designs- aka my awesome roommate who made my dress for me- and yes, I am wrapped in hot pink bubble wrap and tape. That was entirely her idea- and I have to say- BRAVO! I received so many compliments, and several people took pictures of me in it. It was a little warm and I couldn't breathe for the first while til it loosened up a bit, but those are things I believe accompany any high fashion outfit. :)

There was a photo booth, as you can see from many of the pictures above, and there was a lot of dancing, great outfits, and great music. And some more firsts down: first time to a BFC party, first time at the McMurdo Prom, and first time in a bubble wrap dress! So much fun!!

2 comments:

John & Britta said...

I love your dress. Just as much fun as high school prom? But I wasn't there. I love all the pictures. Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

if anyone can pull off a bubble wrap and tape dress - it is definetly you! did you have any bubbles left at the end of the night? hahaha! love sue
ps...jeremy says he would have popped them for you!