Friday, March 27, 2009

Beng Meleay



This temple is the furthest from town that we ventured to- about 60 K out of town. It's in a very quiet secluded area and is falling apart piece by piece. This temple is less regulated than the others, and so you are free to climb about and wander along the crumbling walls. Our guide led us through some pretty tight squeezes which I looked at and thought- yeah right- but we got through with a bit of maneuvering.

Recommendations for temple tours: I would recommend 3 days of temples total- you get tired of them after that. I would book the Angkor Discovery tour with the Villa as previously mentioned, but for the other 2 days I would not book the tours that we had done. Instead, I would hire a driver only (do this from the Villa as they are reliable) and just have them take you around to the temples I've listed here and any additional ones you'd like to go to. This will save you money, and really you don't learn a huge amount of info that I think is worth paying the guide for.

No comments: