Friday, January 2, 2009

A Shuttles Holiday Gathering

Every year I've been the supervisor in Shuttles, we have a big holiday party and I cook dinner (along with help from several people) for the crew and we have a gift exchange. This year was no different and we had such a great evening together.

This is Joe monitoring the Ice Cream Maker- someone left this to me this season and we've used it a few times. Keep up the good work Joe!


Shuttle Bill on the hunt for which gift he wants to open. Poor guy had his gifts stolen from him several times during the exchange game.

Shuttle Bob opening his gift, I think he's giving an oratory speech on how great this chocolate bar is that he's received.


I think this is what Bill finally ended up with- a bag handmade by Taryn. I'm pretty sure his wife Carole will be enjoying that soon enough. :)
Having us all crowded around together makes me realize how fortunate I am to have so many wonderful people in my life. I have a great family of friends both here and at home! And I'm extra lucky because I get to have both here- that's Auntie Nancy in the red jacket in this pic- she stopped by to say Hi to all.
Jojo is opening her gift right now, which was from Kelly, and there's like 20 things in this bag- she took forever to open them all.


Jojo opened up this strawberry lotion and obviously thought it smelled good enough to eat! Probably indicative of how long we had gone without freshies at this point....

This is the gift I ended up with. I love my new water bottle and use it all the time. Audrey actually won this first, but I stole it from her.


Kathy and her woolly mammoth puppet she got. She was also the temporary bow holder.

Kathy hiding her woolly mammoth puppet so no one tries to steal it from her.
Shuttle Joe doing a little dance on his way to pick out which gift he wanted. This was hilarious to watch, I'm still trying to get the video loaded to my blog, but it's not cooperating right now...
Anyways, a great evening, and a perfect way to start my New Year! I truly hold every one of you close to my heart and am so fortunate to have each of you in my life! Thank you!
"There's more, much more, to Christmas,
Than candlelight and cheer;
It's the spirit of sweet friendship
That brightens all year.
It's thoughtfulness and kindness,
It's hope reborn again,
For peace, for understanding,
And for goodwill to men!"

1 comment:

andrea said...

Looks like so much fun with fantastic people! I can't believe it's nearly time for everyone to head home again!