Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I've done it

Well, after years of resistance to the fad of blogging, I've finally broken down and created one. I'm actually curious to see how much more efficient this might be than my tremendously long emails I was sending home to all of you previously. This blog is being created from the Windsor Bed & Breakfast in Christchurch New Zealand as I wait to deploy to McMurdo Station, Antarctica for my 5th season "On The Ice." While I think back on all of the past few years of items that I would have posted, it's a good thing that I can't access those photos right now as I may never leave this computer. So, instead I will just have to start from where I am at and I think that is often the best place to start from. Enjoy....

4 comments:

davidpaulmassie @gmail.com said...

Sweet! Can't wait to read it... :]

Kristin Lee said...

Awesome blog name, so complex yet so simple ;) Can't wait to read it either!

Anonymous said...

I can't thank you enough for your recommendation of "Three Cups of Tea." Difficult to put down, it's so compelling...and on so many levels.

Anonymous said...

I used to work with your mom and she sent me the link to your blog. It couldn't have come at a better time! Thank you so much for the beautiful photos and words. Reminds me of when I was your age and the kind of place I lived in!! As I wrote to Susan..."This quote from your daughter 'I will just have to start from where I am at and I think that is the best place to start from.' is now my mantra!" Thank you again. Michelle