Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Home Sweet Home







Being my 5th season here, I've accumulated quite a bit of stuff that I just leave stored here and then use from season to season. But it makes it so worth it when the whole room comes together and becomes a home here. My roommate is Lisa, and we get along swimmingly. She brought in some great decor also, and after a week, the room went from the before picture on the bottom to the after pictures on the top shown here.
The first thing I told Lisa was that it's a good thing I had gotten over my aversion to the color pink since a lot of her fabrics have that color in them. There was a running joke that I wasn't allowed to decorate the room since she had this whole color scheme going, and the decor I had was blue and green which didn't match (you'll notice the one green bolster pillow that I snuck in on the bench we have). Several of our friends joined in the fun and asked her why I wasn't allowed to decorate the room, and eventually she got back at me by naming the room the "Barbie Palace." (I'm not a big fan of Barbie.) And it seems that name is sticking with a few folks who have seen it. We have by far taken the cake for the unofficial "Parade of Homes Contest" among the dorm rooms here on station.
“Home is not where you live, but where they understand you." -Christian Morganstern

1 comment:

John & Britta said...

Lovely. I'm surprised at the amount of pink you have allowed. We love and miss you.