Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Farewell Ice and Friends... We shall meet again...

"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes, a farewell is necessary before you can meet again and meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.”

I leave the Ice tomorrow, for the 5th time. It's been a fantastic season, my best ever. It was challenging and rewarding, I learned a lot in my job, and even more about myself. I worked on building friendships to last a lifetime, and look forward to seeing many of you off the Ice. This place is unique, and sometimes I have to remind myself how lucky I am when I start to get tired of work and being here, I'm in Antarctica after all! It's been an incredibly fast season, and I'm looking forward to coming back next year. Thank you to all of you that were a part of this experience- I cherish each of you and the impact you've had on my life!

I'll be in New Zealand in 24 hours if the weather gods are smiling upon us tomorrow.

Good food, greenery, humidity, dark skies and stars at night, bookstores and coffee shops-

here I come!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your experience with those of us back on land. We can't wait to hear what's next!
Safe Journey!

The Tani Family said...

You are so lucky! Enjoy every minute of it!

Rachel said...

Yay here you come!