Saturday, December 27, 2008

1st Annual McMurdo Softball Tournament

What a beautiful day!! This softball match hadn't happened before here and it was a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon! Shuttles was matched up against the VMF- which is notorious for taking sports events very seriously here. We only lost by 1 point, score was 13-14, and that was a huge accomplishment for us!!! Rock on Shuttles!!!



Our Shuttle Team manning the bases. Brandon's random outfits here crack me up.

So plan B if our team ended up doing terribly was for me to run around the field in this wig and my bright green jacket in hopes of distracting people or blinding them. As it turns out our team played an awesome game and so I got to sit in the stands and hold down the cheering section instead.
I can't believe the lousy call that the umpire made- it lost us the game!!! Brandon had totally tagged out Jackie before he reached home plate, but Jackie's roommate was the umpire and called him safe. We were ROBBED!





Jackie arranged the whole softball match, he's from Boston and clearly is a Red Sox fan. Brandon on our team did get him to strike our quite a few times though!




Our Shuttles Team!! I'm so proud!!



I didn't play, probably a good thing since there were so many injuries in this game, none were in shuttles, though had I played, we might have had the one injury in the game that would have been self-inflicted where I somehow would have hit myself with the bat, or the ball- take your pick. That's me in my wig, and my roomie in her pink hat.






Shuttle Jojo hitting the ball!!









Pinky, Taryn, Brandon taking a look at the batting roster line-up.







Our team watching the game from our "dugout."









Our Team switching out from the outfield.











Kelly running makes me giggle, she sort of frolics from base to base- it's great because it confuses the other team as to whether she's running from base to base or not and what's going on. :)

No comments: