Saturday, April 18, 2009

Food Network- here I come



Okay, so I'm probably over-exaggerating a little with the Food Network thing, but I did take a Thai cooking class with the Chiang Mai Thai Cookery School for a day and it was great! We did vegetable carving in the morning, which you can see the results from above, and we made 6 dishes over the course of the day. I was too busy cooking and eating to take many pictures, so there are only a few here. We made:

Clear Soup With Minced Pork(Tom Jued)
Spring Rolls (Paw Pia Tord)
Roast Duck Curry (Gaeng Phed Ped Yang)
Fried Chicken With Ginger (Gai Phad King)
Chicken In Pandanus Leaves(Gai Hor Bai Toey)
Mango With Sticky Rice(Khaaw Neaw Mamuang)

All of it was delicious! This is definitely something worth doing while here, and this school was very good. Skip breakfast- you'll never be able to finish all the dishes either way, but this helps.

3 comments:

John & Britta said...

wow Kris you're amazing!

Anonymous said...

I agree with my mom your tomato designs look a little better than my brothers!! Matt and I love sticky rice with mango so don't forget that one we'll have you over while you are in Denver!! Your adventures are making us jealous!

Rachel said...

Your lotus was better too!! Ha Ha Jim, HA Ha! just kidding;) That carrot leaf was pretty cool too. So are you teaching us when you get back?