Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Death of My Resolve Against Facebook


I cracked.

We've been travelling 8 weeks and I was holding out just fine, but then these 2 girls from Australia teamed up against me and held photos of me hostage from the Gibbon Experience that we all did together until I joined Facebook. So you can blame Renee and Sara for this- or thank them- for those of you that have been waiting for this to happen.

But I still hold that I hope I still get personal emails and handwritten letters/postcards from people and phone calls. I feel like communication between people is getting too impersonal and distant with all these networking sites. But it is an easy way to track people you meet briefly while travelling. So I guess it's got both positives and negatives going for it. We'll see how it goes.

Those of you who have my email- friend request away.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woohoo still enjoying facebook? Embrace the new frontier...